View recorded webinars of our award winning IBM i solutions.
IT Strategies for the 21st Century
Today’s IT leaders are tasked with taking their organizations to new levels of competitive capability. However, using analog processes in a digital era is impeding their ability to meet key business imperatives. Many organizations are turning to digital transformation to drive growth and pave the way toward organizational, operational and business model innovation.
Join IBM’s Partner, CIO & Cloud Advisor, Arnab Bag, and Fresche’s Transformation and Digitization Expert, Chris Koppe, where they will discuss how IBM i application modernization is laying the foundation for digital transformation by:
- Innovating through digitization
- Developing IT strategies that focus on user experience
- Designing modern systems that leverage existing IT assets
- Building the right talent for an agile IT
You can take many approaches to green screen modernization and depending on what your goals are, the solutions will vary. In some cases, you will want to modernize your existing green screens and for others, it may require new web and mobile development.
In this 4-part technical series Nick Hampson and Greg Patterson look at how Fresche’s UI modernization solutions, Newlook, Presto and WebSmart, give you the flexibility to easily create modern web interfaces, improve productivity and drive revenue.
Each session is 30 minutes long.
- PART 1: Approaching Your UI Modernization Project
- PART 2: Achieving Quick Results Out of the Box
- PART 3: Improving Workflows with New Functionality
- PART 4: Developing New Strategic Applications
Applications and data are the cornerstone of organizations that rely on IBM i. The platform’s low total cost of ownership, reliability, security and integrated database make it easy to understand why its users are so passionate about it. However, the value of IBM i applications is often hidden behind green screen interfaces that limit productivity and business growth.
In this on-demand webinar Fresche’s Marcel Sarrasin and Greg Patterson present the top 10 business reasons for IBM i UI modernization, including:
- Driving revenue and gaining competitive advantage
- Improving business processes with mobile devices
- Future-proofing applications and leveraging IBM i resources
Each business reason will be supported by real-world examples of IBM i web and mobile applications. We will also discuss Fresche’s IBM i UI modernization solutions and how to take a phased approach to green screen modernization.
X-Analysis helps organizations better manage IBM i applications by quickly allowing developers to gain a full understanding of their RPG, CA 2E (Synon) or COBOL applications.
In this four-part series Ray Everhart takes a closer look at the productivity and critical insight that is gained from documenting your systems and the automated approach to impact analysis, code understanding and field resizing. Each session is 30 minutes long.
- PART 1: Documenting Your Systems
- PART 2: Automated Impact Analysis
- PART 3: Understanding Your Code
- PART 4: Automated approach to Resizing Your Fields
Learn why X-Analysis is the one tool every IBM i Developer should own.
Do you ever find yourself thinking, "There has to be a better way to do this?”
With automated analysis and modernization tools, you can reduce the time spent managing applications and onboarding new developers, move projects forward faster, and remove the risks involved in making changes to your code. In this IBM i webinar Fresche’s Ray Everhart and United Heritage’s Rob McBride demonstrate the business value derived from application documentation, analysis and better understanding of your IBM i applications.
- Automated graphical documentation that makes it easy for IT to visualize and understand application design and flow
- Powerful impact analysis that tracks “where used” information so you can make code changes with confidence
- How United Heritage used X-Analysis to save significant developer time and better understand their applications
Are you at a crossroads with your ERP or other core IBM i applications? Wondering whether to modernize your existing applications, purchase a packaged app, or move off the platform?
Join Fresche’s IBM i modernization experts Marcel Sarrasin and Greg Patterson as they share the business challenges that other IBM i organizations are facing and how they’re overcoming them with strategic web and mobile applications (e.g. B2B/B2C order entry, invoicing, eCommerce and more).
- IBM i web and mobile development strategies that meet the needs of the business
- Real-world examples of applications that extend ERPs, integrate with other technologies and platforms and more
- Leveraging what you have and taking advantage of modern technologies
- Overcoming concerns about skills, resources, performance and security
Is your organization starting to explore open source on IBM i? As IBM continues to embrace open-source technologies such as Node.js, PHP and Git on IBM i, there are more and more compelling reasons to make open source a part of your IT strategy.
In this recorded webinar IBM’s architect for open source on IBM i Jesse Gorzinski and Fresche’s Mike Pavlak discuss:
- The benefits of using open source technologies
- What’s available on IBM i and how to get started
- Tips for leveraging your existing staff
You’ll also see how to rapidly develop opensource web applications with Fresche’s WebSmart.
In this webinar, Paul Tuohy and Stephen Flaherty will go over a few ways that IBM i developers can make their jobs easier, by simply adopting the top 5 best practices and using some proper tooling.
- What your IBM i can really do
- Exactly what modernization really means
- Best approaches for making code changes and managing applications ways to make it easy for IT to understand application design and flow
You’ll also see a demo of how X-Analysis automatically documents your IBM i environment.
Join Greg Patterson and Nick Hampson for this webinar where they share what they’ve learned in their many years of helping clients to bring their green screen applications to web and mobile. They’ll discuss the different options available for modernization, best places to start, and how to make it happen.
Topics they cover in this recording:
- Understanding how your current applications work
- The paradigm shift of green screen to GUI development
- Practical examples of where to start your project
- How to integrate existing IBM i apps with other systems and net new
- Leveraging existing applications for extended functionality or new development
- Integrating modern technology i.e. open source, PHP, Node.js, Bootstrap, Java & more
Find out how your organization can boost productivity, improve workflows and reduce training costs by transforming green screens to web pages that are modern and easy to use.
BCD’s new Presto 7 now helps you do this even faster with enhanced mobile, responsive capabilities and a more modern look out of the box.
Join Marcel Sarrasin and Greg Patterson for a webinar where you’ll see:
- What’s possible with green screen modernization
- A live demo of how Presto works
- New features including responsive mobile, a modern skin and a new API
With new Presto 7, RPG and COBOL developers will be able to leverage existing applications and quickly deliver the professional web applications your users want.
Organizations benefit when they develop IBM i web applications that their users can access from both desktops and mobile devices, but how do you support both efficiently?
Join BCD’s Greg Patterson and Marcel Sarrasin to learn:
- How responsive design makes desktop and mobile web development easier
- Why Bootstrap is the most popular open source responsive framework
- How BCD solutions speed up RPG, PHP and Node.js web development
Whether you are new to the platform or consider yourself a pro, having the right tools, skills and development approach can help you shine among your peers and increase your value to your company.
Join renowned IBM i experts Jon Paris, Trevor Perry and Ray Everhart for this recorded webinar where you will learn:
- Useful things for new developers to quickly ramp up on IBM i and applications
- Tips and tricks to reduce maintenance and enhance development agility
- Resources for developers with everything they want to know about IBM i
Join us in this important webinar where Bangers (bangersusa.com), a sporting goods distributor who runs their core business on IBM i, will walk you through their web strategy and applications, including:
- Tips for a phased approach to modernization
- How their new, mobile-friendly PHP eCommerce application increased sales
- Why they modernized green screens for warehouse staff
- How they overcame concerns about performance, security and skills
You’ll also learn about BCD’s web solutions and services that were instrumental in helping them implement their successful web strategy.
Your IBM i holds valuable data and runs mission-critical applications. But are you getting the most value from it? Join IBM’s Tim Rowe and Fresche’s Marcel Sarrasin for this webinar to learn how you can give your IBM i a more strategic role by generating revenue with web and mobile applications. They’ll discuss:
- The strategic role of your IBM i, today and in the future
- IBM’s commitment to IBM i and modern technologies
- Innovative ways organizations are generating revenue with their IBM i, from customer facing order entry to expanding to new markets
We’ll also introduce you to the Fresche and BCD solutions and services that make it faster and easier to create these applications.
Learn about BCD's WebSmart for rapid RPG ILE or open-source PHP / Node.js desktop and mobile development. See how you can build strategic web applications or extend your ERP with B2B order entry, eCommerce, invoicing, inquiries and more.
- How to reduce the web development learning curve with WebSmart’s templates
- Ways to leverage your existing RPG code and skills
- How to build responsive mobile and desktop applications that use a single code base
- WebSmart’s support for open source technologies (PHP and Node.js)
- Real-world examples of WebSmart customer applications
Green screen modernization is about more than improving the look of your applications. This webinar highlights real-world examples of modernized and mobilized screens that have improved workflows, increased productivity and decreased training costs.
You'll see a mobile warehouse application, a customer facing order entry application and more.
Join us for this webinar to learn what Node.js is and why you should consider using it on IBM i. You’ll also see a live technical demonstration of how new WebSmart for Node.js speeds up open-source Node.js desktop and mobile web application development. We'll see:
- The types of applications you can create with Node.js
- How to develop desktop and mobile applications that use a single code base
- Ways to leverage RPG resources with Node.js
This live webinar highlights real-world examples of PHP applications that have contributed strategically to IBM i organizations by generating revenue, improving business processes and increasing productivity. You'll see:
- B2B/B2C eCommerce applications
- Inventory, invoicing, order tracking
- Responsive (mobile-friendly) applications
Join us for this webinar to learn why BCD's WebSmart PHP is the fastest way for RPG programmers to develop strategic mobile and desktop applications on IBM i. You'll see a live demo of how to create a fully-functioning PHP application in minutes, as well as
- WebSmart templates for all levels of PHP (procedural, OO and MVC)
- Wizards to call RPG programs and other productivity features
- Real-world examples of PHP applications on IBM i
- How to quickly develop responsive mobile and desktop applications using a single code base
View this webinar to learn why Presto is the fastest way to modernize and mobilize your IBM i. You'll see how Presto instantly gives all of your existing green screens a web GUI. How to use RPG OA to give new RPG programs a web GUI. How to add new functionality, such as images, tabs and datepickers, without HTML experience. As well as Presto's mobile support.
Are you stuck printing or manually delivering plain-text IBM i-generated POs, invoices, checks and other documents? In today's business environment, users expect instant access to their documents in graphical formats from anywhere at any time. Thankfully, modernizing spool files with Quadrant's Formtastic is very easy, gives you a quick ROI, and improves productivity as well as sales, finance and operation processes by eliminating the need for employees to manually print, sign, scan and email their IBM i documents.
In this recording you'll learn that modernizing and extending your ERP is one of the most cost-effective ways to maximize your investment in IBM i and stay on the platform. You'll see real-world examples such as a customer facing order entry application that extends the internal ERP, a modern, intuitive web GUI for existing ERP green screens and more.
Learn why BCD's WebSmart PHP is the fastest way for RPG programmers to develop desktop and mobile applications on IBM i. You'll see a live demo of how to create a fully-functioning PHP application in minutes, as well as real-world examples of PHP applications on IBM i and how to quickly develop first-rate mobile applications.
View this technical webinar to learn the fundamentals of BCD's Presto. You'll see a demo of giving all of your green screens a web GUI using the 5250 datastream and RPG OA. You'll also learn how to add new UI elements, such as images, tabs and datepickers, without HTML experience.
View this 30-minute webinar to see real-world examples of how IBM i organizations have benefited from employee and customer portals they created with Nexus. You'll also learn how you can integrate Nexus with Quadrant and BCD solutions to offer additional security and easy access to modernized green screens, dashboards, invoices and more.
This technical webinar includes a demonstration of how you can quickly create a site and add menus, folders and documents (PDF, XLS and more) without coding HTML. You'll also learn how user and group authorities make it easy to ensure users only access the applications, documents and dashboards they are authorized to.
View this webinar to learn how you can deliver the strategic web applications your organization needs by partnering with BCD Professional Services. You'll also see real-world examples of our work.
View this webinar to learn why giving your green screens a web GUI maximizes your investment in IBM i. We discuss the top business reasons, supported by real-world examples, for IBM i green screen modernization.
You'll also see how BCD's Presto rapidly gives your green screens a web GUI while offering the most flexibility to add new functionality like images, drop downs and tabs.
View this webinar to see how Evange Destounis, TMISI's CEO and a non-programmer, used Presto to give the application a visually appealing web GUI and added more value to it with new functionality. You'll also see why Presto is the fastest way to give green screens and new RPG programs a modern web GUI and new functionality using a refacing or OA approach.
How efficient are your IBM i report and document management processes? If you're still sending invoices, purchase orders and other IBM i documents by mail, you may be unnecessarily incurring costs, increasing delivery times and burdening your IT staff.
View this webinar to learn how BCD's Catapult can automatically and reliably put critical information in th hands of the people who need it in the format they want.
Are you having trouble keeping up with user requests for reports? Do you need modern looking reports that are easier to access?
BCD's Clover Query helps you enhance decision making with real-time reports that show an accurate picture of your organization's performance in a browser.
Learn how EZ-Pickin's helps you save time, reduce printing costs and make better decisions by:
- Converting IBM i spool files to Excel spreadsheets, PDF and other formats.
- Extracting and mining data from virtually any type of report or database file.
- Turning reports into live interactive views to analyze, summarize and graph data.
- Emailing or archiving reports automatically or manually.
This technical webinar gives a detailed look at the key features of Catapult by showing you a demo of distributing reports as PDF, splitting them and reviewing how to archive reports to the web and converting them to spreadhseets. This ondemand webinar is useful for people who are new to Catapult and for anyone considering automated report and document distribution who wants a more in depth look at the product.