These instructions are for new installs of Nexus 4.10 and later only. Please log in to myBCDSoftware.com to access the User Guide.
Step 5: Enable ECM Document Emailing.
The Nexus ECM supports the ability to email certain types of documents. In order to use this feature you need to configure your SMTP settings for Nexus. These settings are shared with WebSmart, if you use it, and may already be set.
Follow the steps below to set this up:
- At your IBM i session add XL_WEBSPT to your library list. (The command is: ADDLIBLE XL_WEBSPT)
- Type the command ECFGSMTP and press F4. A panel similar to this one is displayed:
- To check this start by logging into Nexus as NEXUSADMIN.
- Once you have logged in click the "Settings" link in the top right.
- At the page presented, click the option Edit My Account, then re-enter your password to proceed.
- At the Edit My Account page, verify that the Email Address field contains a valid address. If not, change it and click Change to save the new address.
- To test the emailing, click the My Pages link to return to the main ECM window, and in the ECM Navigator on the left, click the Key Features document. When it loads, you'll see an email link in the top right of the window on the right. Click this button.
Enter your mail server's IP address & port and press Enter. Most email servers won't send messages from invalid addresses, so you need to also check that the Nexus profile NEXUSADMIN has a valid email address.
?After making these changes you should be able to email ECM documents.
This concludes the installation instructions, see the next step for information about verifying and learning about the Nexus software.