Presto 6.8 New Features
- Visual Skin Editor supports mobile layout.
- Option to make windows not be pop-ups which is a better UX on mobile.
- Smartcharts now have color picker for any color related options such as background color.
Presto 6.6 New Features
- Ability to modify the screens while in Mobile mode in the Visual Editor.
- Toolbar option to switch views from Desktop Mode to Mobile Mode.
- Optimized for mobile with mobile specific customizations panel.
Presto 6.5 New Features
Presto's new skin editor, which is located in the Presto Designer, enables you to quickly select preset color themes and/or customize the color of your function keys, headers and subfiles. You can also easily update the logo. All of these changes are applied on a global level without requiring you to access the HTML or CSS.
Additional Presto 6.5 New Features and Enhancements
- New OA grid element properties
- You can now edit links inline in the Visual Editor
Presto 6.4 New Features
- Minimum IBM i OS release is V6R1
- You can now launch the log in a browser
- Presto supports custom naming of the signature pad png file
- Table detection improvements
Presto 6.3 New Features
Import and Export Transformations
You can now copy all of a screen's transformations to another screen using the Visual Editor. This is helpful when you have similar screens (such as Edit and Add) and would like to duplicate the changes from one screen to another, but you don't want the exact same modifications on each screen.
Inline Editing in Tabs
You can now double-click a tab to edit the text inline within the Visual Editor.
New Toolbar Icons
We have replaced the IDE's toolbar icons with more modern, consistent images.
Additional Presto 6.3 New Features and Enhancements
- Minimum IBM i OS release is V6R1
- Presto displays a list of connections right away when there are no compatible connections
- Presto's change management feature now gives queries and macros unique file names
- You can now define subfile option flyout fields on screens that do not have a table.
Presto 6.2 New Features
Presto Mobile App
You can now access modernized green screens and iPhone/iPad device hardware using Presto's app. After Presto is installed on your IBM i, users can download the Presto Mobile app from Apple's App Store and configure it to connect to your screens.
Out-of-the-box Presto-modernized screens will work with the Presto Mobile app, and you can add new mobile-friendly UI elements, such as HTML5 inputs, using Presto's Visual Editor. You can also use the app as a starting point then create own custom app to take advantage of other hardware features like geolocation and audio/video capture.
Signature Pad Element
Presto's Visual Editor Palette now includes an HTML5 signature pad element. This enables users to draw their signature on tablets and smartphones. The signature is then saved as an image on the IFS.
SQL Query Preview
SQL queries are most commonly used to dynamically populate drop down lists, autocompletes and charts in Presto. The Presto Designer's SQL query list now includes a Preview button so you can run queries and preview their results.
Additional Presto 6.2 New Features and Enhancements
- New API for interacting with OA field values
- Table Editor now supports 132-wide screens
- Subfile and menulink detection improvements
- New console view for displaying debug details in the IDE
Presto 6.1 New Features
You can maximize screen real estate on mobile devices by configuring the side function key menu to collapse and expand on mobile devices. This is consistent with what users experience when using mobile applications in their daily lives.
If you're accessing your Presto application in a way that's susceptible to connectivity fluctuations (perhaps while walking around a warehouse with a tablet) you may find your sessions hang. In Presto 6.1, if you try to take an action on a screen while your connection is down, Presto will prompt you to reconnect your Internet session, giving you the opportunity to continue where you left off.
HTML5 Input Types
You can now take advantage of HTML5 input types from the type property in your Field Settings. HTML5 inputs speed up data entry on mobile devices by presenting the best keyboard for the input type. For example, the phone input type will display the dial pad and the email input type will display a keyboard with the @ symbol.
Visual Editor Tab Improvements
The process of adding tabs to screens and breaking up the content between them has been greatly simplified. For example, tabs automatically 'snap' together so you no longer have to manually align them. Presto's Visual Editor also supports vertical tabs (stacked along the left or right side of a screen).
If you're adding text constants or containers in the Visual Editor, you can now double-click text to edit it inline.
This new feature allows you to launch an application on a personal computer from Presto. For example, a BCD customer has imaging applications where users can select records in their Presto screens and load related pictures or PDFs.
Additional Presto 6.1 New Features and Enhancements
- Support for server-side validation
- New subfile option flyout menu configuration options
- Support for client-side validation of data types
- Added a menu option to trigger an export of the current page
Presto 6.0 New Features
Improved out-of-the-box formatting for RPG OA screens
Presto 6 includes improvements to the Presto OA rendering engine so it now displays the most useful out-of-the-box version of the screen.
- Screens include function keys
- Absolute positioning so elements appear in the same spot as your green screens
- Screens include text constants such as input field labels
- Hidden fields remain hidden
Additional radio button and checkbox formatting options
You now have the flexibility to choose whether radio buttons and check boxes appear in a row or as a vertical list.
Additional Presto 6.0 New Features and Enhancements
- Support for CF## function key indicators with RPG OA
- New line key support
- Ability to configure subfile detection module
- You can now allow variable function key search start location