WebSmart 12.6 New Features
- WebSmart PHP includes support for PHP Community Edition
- New ILE email functions enable you to send an email over TLS
- PDO templates support using ODBC connection to DB2 database
- New editor theme, "Darkness"
WebSmart 12.4 New Features
WebSmart PHP API Template for WebSmart PHP
WebSmart PHP’s new Page at a Time API (by Key) template makes it easier for developers to create web services and maintain a database file. This template is compatible with popular front-ends like Angular and provides built-in logic to list, view, add, change and delete records.
New WebSmart ILE Parameters forSetCookie and Gensmurfid
The WebSmart ILE SetCookie and Gensmurfid now include a parameter, addlProps, that allows you to override the default setting for the Cookie SameSite attribute. This is helpful for WebSmart users who may be impacted by recent changes to the way web browsers handle access to cookies.
WebSmart 12.3 New Features
- Files list in the PML is now an intellisense prompt list
- Keylist in the PML is now an intellisense prompt list
WebSmart 12.1 New Features
Zend Framework 3 Templates
New Zend Framework 3 (ZF3) templates have replaced WebSmart PHP's ZF2 templates. ZF3 is a PHP framework for deploying modular, extensible, secure and high-performance PHP applications.
These templates create separate files for each part of MVC, all contained within a single composite document in WebSmart. The ZF3 framework is ideal for larger projects. It also makes it easier to maintain applications and reuse code.
MDCMS Add Request Integration
If you use Midrange Dynamic's MDCMS change management solution, you can now register objects directly from WebSmart.
WebSmart 12.0 New Features
WebSmart 11.6 New Features
PHP Validation Enhancements
WebSmart PHP templates contain a new option to validate required fields in add/change. You can also extend your PHP add/change validation code with custom validators.
WebSmart 11.5 New Features
PHP Templates Field Option for Input/Output
On screens where you have a lot of input fields you will often want some of those to be output-only. A new option in the template wizard now does this for you. PHP templates contain a new option to set fields as output-only on add and change screens. During the wizard steps for selecting fields there is a drop down for each field where you can select to leave it as input or change it to output-only.
Other new features
- Improved parm handling in Clover charts with prompts.
- ILE JSON function parameter 64k data size limit has been removed
- Write to the job log with new ILE function wrtjoblog
- You can now select multiple items in the file browser
- Japanese edition: 'Tip of the day' has been translated
WebSmart 11.4 New Features
CCSID and Domain in the ECFGSMTP command
The ECFGSMTP settings now support domain names. You won't have to worry about IP address changes impacting the email sent via WebSmart with this new feature. As well there are now optional CCSID settings.
Other new features
- Improved the code for retrieving parameters and building SQL in the PHP templates.
- New HTML encoding attribute for Alpha fields - encode="html".
- New Encode setting in the HTML Field <Right Click>Properties window.
- New strmfexists function allows you check that a stream file exists.
- Sendmailex now supports setting custom ASCII and EBCSID CCSIDs.
- NodeJS dynamically loads the DB2 module based on the installed node version. This allows WebSmart for Node.js to work with v4 and v6 of Node.js.
- WebSmart PHP's WebSmartObject's new getParameters function retrieves multiple URL parameters at once.
WebSmart 11.3 New Features
Japanese PHP Edition
To meet the growing demand for PHP on IBM i we have created a Japanese edition of WebSmart PHP in a joint effort with our partner Solpac. In addition to Unicode and DBCS support this edition has a Japanese version of the IDE and the templates. All the menus and prompts in the IDE have been translated as has the User Guide. The Japanese version of the templates have all the action buttons and text constants translated as well.
- Option to choose whether to include a qualified library name in SQL statements in generated programs (PHP edition only)
- New character set encoding option in PHP templates to select between UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.
WebSmart 11.2 New Features
WebSmart for Node.js
Watch the video below for an introduction to WebSmart for Node.js. You can also get more information and request a trial at bcdsoftware.com/nodejs.
Improved Internationalization with Unicode edition
The PHP and Node.js editions of WebSmart are now also available in a Unicode edition. This provides enhanced support for internationalization. WebSmart already had support for DBCS databases, the Unicode edition provides the ability to enter almost any DBCS character into the IDE. This makes it easier to support text constants in any language.
Additional 11.2 Feature
- Minimum IBM i OS release for WebSmart for Node.js is V7R1. Minimum IBM i OS for ILE, PHP, and Clover is V6R1.
WebSmart 11 New Features
Watch the above video to preview the new templates.