WebSmart 10.7 New Features
- You can now increase and decrease the IDE's code font size using CTRL+ and CTRL-.
- The IDE now auto-formats PHP nested arrays.
- Added a new date-dimension file, MU_DATEF in XL_WEBDEMO, that's useful for creating date-based reports.
WebSmart 10.6 New Features
PHP Data Objects (PDO) Templates
WebSmart's new PHP Data Objects (PDO) templates make it easier to access MySQL and IBM i DB2 or to switch between them because they use the same set of templates for both connection types. These templates are more complex than the basic OO DB2 and MySQL templates but they use more advanced and safer techniques for running SQL statements. You can also use the same PDO functions to issue queries and fetch data from MySQL and DB2.
Additional 10.6 New Features
- You can now view previously installed template versions in the new program window
- WebSmart supports UTF-8 for posturl
- You can copy/paste all repository extensions from one field to another
WebSmart 10.5 New Features
PHP Zend Framework 2 Templates
Use the Zend Framework 2 (ZF2) templates to write PHP applications over DB2 on IBM i that are based on a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. ZF2 is a PHP framework for deploying modular, extensible, secure and high performance PHP applications.
ZF2 and MVC are advanced coding techniques that are a good fit for experienced PHP programmers and for larger projects. These templates create separate files for each part of MVC, all contained within a single composite document in WebSmart.
HTML Validation Engine Validates HTML5
You can now validate HTML5 in your HTML segments, which will help you identify and fix syntax problems more efficiently.
New Composite Document
WebSmart now includes an empty composite document that allows you to better organize projects by opening and closing associated files and programs together.
Additional 10.5 New Features
- You can now declare a UCS-2 field for improved multilingual support.
- Custom jQuery UI themes are more compatible out of the box.
- The PHP debugger now supports PHP 5.4 and 5.5.
WebSmart 10.2 New Features
- WebSmart IDE now highlights matching parenthesis and braces.
- Added file-level repository extensions.
- New ILE rplstr option to control whether find and replace parameters should be trimmed.
- New ILE functions base64encode and base64decode let you work with base64 encoded data.
- Added secure and httponly parameters to ILE gensmurfid.
- The WebSmart PHP debugger settings have been added to the Options menu so it's easier to configure for single or multi-users.
WebSmart 10.1 New Features
New PHP and ILE Mobile Reflow Table DB2 Template
This new template helps you rapidly develop mobile web applications that display data in sortable columns. The template maximizes screen real estate by using pop-up windows for both the filter and sort options.
The resulting mobile web applications are responsive. For example, the application will display a side-by-side columnar layout on tablets, or it will accommodate smaller devices like smartphones by stacking the columns. The template uses the jQuery Mobile widget of the same name.
Additional 10.1 New Features
- Right-click on function names to shortcut to a user function definition.
- New ILE function, fetchseg, lets you retrieve segment data into a variable.
- PHP functions tabs updated immediately when include/require statements are changed.
WebSmart 10.0 New Features
PHP DB2 Mobile Templates
To learn more about WebSmart's mobile templates, please visit the WebSmart Mobile features page.
Improved PHP Validation
WebSmart PHP includes improved, more dynamic PHP validation because it now considers functions in include and require files. The list of PHP functions in the WebSmart IDE is automatically updated to include the functions in include or required files, which means these functions will be part of the validation instead of giving warning errors.
DB2 Templates Now Create PHP Objects
WebSmart PHP's DB2 templates create PHP objects, which allows programmers to better encapsulate and reuse components when they combine programs. The program structure is easy for procedural programmers to understand and is simpler overall because more of the functionality is delegated to base classes.
OO code is more commonly used than procedural PHP in professional PHP applications and makes your application easier to test, maintain, and reuse.
Updated setpipe and getpipedta Functions (ILE)
ILE programs now support multiple active pipes and named pipes, which allows the program to build multiple outputs simultaneously. For example, a web application can email both a form output and a diagnostic email related to it.
Additional WebSmart 10.0 New Features
- We now use one version number for the entire WebSmart family (ILE, PHP and Clover).
- Find and replace now remembers search history
- HTML segments in ILE programs are no longer limited to 32k