BCD Enhances Web Development and Document Distribution Tools
WebSmart, Nexus Portal and Catapult releases make it easier to develop new web applications, securely access documents and web applications, and automatically distribute spool files
If you have questions please contact us.
|Also part of the Quadrant family:|
Mansfield, MA - May 5, 2014 - BCD Software LLC, a Quadrant Software company and an IBM i industry leader for over 38 years, has announced the releases of three of their web development and document distribution tools: WebSmart 10.2 for rapid RPG or PHP desktop and mobile development, Nexus Portal 4.09 for securing access to documents and web applications, and Catapult 7.9 for automatically delivering spool files and PC files in the format people want.
"We are constantly investing in our solutions to make it easier for our customers to maximize their investment in IBM i," says Eric Figura, BCD's Chief Customer Advocate. "We endeavor to include useful new features in each release and listen to our customers so we can include as many requested features in each release as possible."
WebSmart 10.1 - 10.2
WebSmart 10.1 included a new PHP and ILE mobile reflow table DB2 template that helps you rapidly develop mobile web applications that display data in sortable columns. The template maximizes screen real estate by using pop-up windows for both the filter and sort options.
The resulting mobile web applications are responsive. For example, the application will display a side-by-side columnar layout on tablets, or it will accommodate smaller devices like smartphones by stacking the columns. The template uses the jQuery Mobile widget of the same name.
The latest release of WebSmart, version 10.2, contains a variety of enhancements:
- The WebSmart IDE now highlights matching parentheses and braces.
- Added file-level repository extensions.new stateless PHP or RPG web applications with WebSmart.
- New ILE functions, base64encode and base64decode, enable developers to work with base64 encoded data.
- The WebSmart PHP debugger settings have been added to the Options menu so it's easier to configure for single or multi-users.
This release contains a variety of new features to make automatically distributing IBM i spool files and PC documents easiers to maintain:
- Catapult works with Azure, Microsoft's Cloud Platform, so you don't need an on-premise Windows Server to run the Catapult Poller. Running Catapult in the cloud also simplifies your infrastructure because you don't need to manually maintain a Windows Server.
- Added an option to notify a specific person when a rule fails.
- New option to attempt reconnects at regular intervals when a connection fails.
- Added option to combine links into one email when splitting.
- Created ZRUNNETRUL command for network files.
Nexus Portal 4.08 - 4.09
The two most recent Nexus Portal releases have included a variety of new features that enhance Nexus Portal's enterprise content management capabilities:
- Added an ECM default for how newly added documents should open, so they can be opened in a new window.
- The ECM document tree loads faster.
- You can now specify IP addresses along with the LDAP server name.
Accelerate your web application development by rapidly creating desktop and mobile web applications with WebSmart. You choose the edition that meets your needs: IBM i-centric RPG or open source PHP. WebSmart's templates give programmers the jumpstart they need and the IDE gives them the flexibility to create any type of web app.
Learn more or download a free trial at: http://www.bcdsoftware.com/websmartfaster.
Catapult is an award-winning automated report and document distribution tool that reliably delivers spool files and PC files to people in the format they want. Send reports (invoices, purchase orders, etc.) electronically to reduce printing and mailing costs, improve billing processes and customer service, eliminate the re-keying of data, and streamline document storage and retrieval.
Learn more or download a free trial at http://www.bcdsoftware.com/cutcost.
About Nexus Portal
Nexus Portal is BCD's IBM i-hosted web portal solution that gives employees, vendors and/or customers secure, organized web access to enterprise information. It increases end user and IT staff productivity, and improves information sharing by providing a centralized framework for users to access multiple sources of information.
Learn more or download a free trial at http://www.bcdsoftware.com/iseries400solutions/nexusportal/.
About BCD and Quadrant Software
BCD is a Quadrant Software company and one of the most successful software organizations in the IBM i marketplace. The companies have a combined 60 years in the IBM i marketplace and have successfully helped thousands of organizations worldwide modernize. Together, Quadrant and BCD help customers maximize their investment in IBM i with their industry leading web development, mobilization, spool file beautification and document distribution tools. Their customers and partners around the world are leaders in key markets such as finance, manufacturing, transportation, retail and healthcare.
Quadrant and BCD are part of the Quadrant group of companies that also includes Netlert, which develops an Avaya call center performance analysis solution, and SoftBase, which provides application testing and tuning solutions for IBM's DB2 database utilizing the OS/390 and z/OS operating systems.