Presto 9.2 New Features
- Dark Mode: Users can now toggle to Dark mode on a Presto session (new Midnight theme). This theme switching feature is configurable and allows for a selection of custom themes.
- Visual Editor Enhancements:
- Arrangement Tools: Presto now gives you a new suite of arrangement tools. These tools can be found on the right click menu, or on the Toolbar:
- Align elements to the Left, Right, Top, or Bottom
- Distribute elements Horizontally or Vertically
- Bring to Front and Send to Back
- Arrangement Tools: Presto now gives you a new suite of arrangement tools. These tools can be found on the right click menu, or on the Toolbar:
- IDE Logging: When the IDE does a version check with the server to ensure they are compatible, the results are now logged to the PC.
- Zero Key Handling: On upgrades and exports, Presto will convert IDs in PR_CUST with a value of 0 to NULL. This prevents Change Management issues where zeros are handled differently than NULLs.
Presto 9.1 New Features
- Navigable Logs: Presto has added the ability to navigate backwards through a log, using the Page Up button.
- Signed Files: The Installation .exe files are now signed, which should prevent triggering of anti-virus programs.
- IDE Enhancements:
- The IBM i installer now has a link to the Knowledge Base, to guide you through ftp errors during install.
- The Spool File Viewer has a new icon for the Delete button.
- Updated to .Net Framework 4.8.
- Improved handling of read only IO fields.
- Ability to switch themes with custom JS.
Presto 9.0 New Features
- Cloud License Key Support: Presto license keys now allow wild cards for LPAR specific values. This supports environments, such as Cloud providers, where these values may change.
- Global Transformations Enhancements:
- Export/Import global transformations in JSON format.
- REGEX support - Ability to use regular expressions in the search criteria. The default suite now includes 4 new Global Transformations that use REGEX to detect dynamic text like dates and times.
- Element Type Filter and Restrictions - Ability to limit your search criteria to a specific element type. You can also apply your transformations to next or previous elements that are specific element types.
- Insert Elements - Create transformations and insert them into screens that match your search criteria.
- New Features Splash Screen: Every new version of the Designer will display a Splash Screen upon initial startup, highlighting the latest new features in Presto. This screen can also be found under the menu option Help → What's new?
- STRPCCMD Enhancements:
- New custom handler to launch web links without using the STRPCCMD Windows app. This is useful for customers with a security policy that does not allow windows applications.
- Improved whitelist error message handling.
- Improved Window/Table Detection:
- New WindowFinder version that supports horizontal window borders made from '-' characters as well as '+' for border corners.
- Ability to disable caching of detected table details. It is useful when, due to panel detection settings, different screens are matched as the same screen and one of them has a table on it, which then will be displayed on all the screens.
- SmartChart Enchancements:
- FusionCharts have been updated to v3.16, and introduces 7 new "Theme" options. Also included is a new "Pareto" Single Series Chart type.
- As a result of the update, a bug has been fixed where in the font family properties were not being applied to the SmartCharts. As a result of this fix, existing charts will display the correct default fonts whereas before they would show a browser default font and captions would not be displayed in bold. Further, the Font Family and Caption Font Family chart element properties editable in the Visual Editor now work to change the displayed font.
- Login Macros: Presto now has the ability to automatically run a macro after logging in.
- Improved SQL error handling: Presto now displays an error message when a SQL fetch returns bad data, and outputs the record number where the fetch failed.
Presto 8.9 New Features
- Table/Window Editor Green Screen View: The Visual Editor's Table/Window editor now displays in a monospace font, to ensure correct alignment when using non mono fonts on custom windows and tables.
- Enhancement to Presto.ExecuteSQL function: Support for the "complete" function has been added. This allows you to change the cursor to a "waiting" or "loading" cursor to indicate while an SQL statement is running. The function will be triggered once the request is complete regardless of whether the request was successful. It will trigger after either the 'success' function or the 'error' function depending on success.
- Global Transformations enhancements:
- Added Name and Description fields. This allows you to create custom labels on the global transformations, making them easier to identify.
- We added a suite of Global Transformations that improves the out-of-the-box experience.
Presto 8.8 New Features
- IASP Support: The Presto Installer now gives you the option to specify an IASP and the path in which to install Presto. This gives customers the flexibility to install Presto environments on different IASPs, allowing numerous configurations.
- Presto REST API Kerberos Support: New REST API sessions are now able to use Kerberos authentication to automatically login to a Presto session. Customers using Kerberos have the ability to utilize Presto REST API on a secured connection.
- Spool File Viewer Enhancements: The following features have been added:
- Select OUTQ and User Search Options: You can now use Queue and User search options in the Spoolfile Viewer. These new options allow you to change your spool file list to the desired Queue and/or User on the fly.
- Support HTML bold text: The Spoolfile Viewer now has the ability to display bold-faced text when spool files are viewed as HTML.
- Support for AFPDS spool files: You can now view AFPDS spool files in PDF format (note that view as Html is not supported).
- Skin Editor enhancement: Added an additional option "Logo Display". This css property allows you to display the logo as an inline-block element, or remove the element altogether. The new Display property for logos allows finer control of the logo space in the header.
- Improved Right to Left Language Support: Presto now has better support for the display of data in the browser for Right To Left languages such as Arabic (CCSID 420 or 8612) and Hebrew (CCSID 424 or 62211).
- Server API Conversion: As of Presto 8.8, most of the communication between Presto’s client and server components will occur via a REST API. This can still be disabled from the hidden developer menu.
- Upgrade JQuery: The version of JQuery used by Presto has been updated to v3.51. The benefits of this upgrade include better performance and support for the latest developments and plugins. The new version may throw exceptions in some cases where the old version would fail silently.
Presto 8.7 New Features
- HubAPI: Allows more advanced customers to interact with a Hub session from start to end using a REST-like API.
- IDE Improvements: Various updates to the IDE for enhanced usability.
- Skin Editor: The option to change logo height and alignment (left, right, center) has been added to the skin editor.
- Page Management: Presto now has the ability to delete multiple pages at a time.
- Identities Page: The control panel in the Identities page is now resizable.
- Upload: Upon successful upload of files or images from the Tools menu, the notification dialog now displays the full IFS path and name of the file.
- Settings UI: The Global Settings tab has been redesigned to fit all options on screen.
- Server Logs: Presto now supports the use of table data in debug logs. This enhances table detection when replaying logs within the IDE, and is useful for debugging.
- Check the Device Name: The device name can now be retrieved from any page with the Presto.GetDeviceName() function. This is useful for determining whether the session is being run in Presto or an emulator.
- SQL Register: Presto now sets the client_userid register in the SQL connection to the signed in user. This is useful for supporting options that depend on the current user, such as the choices displayed in a drop-down list based on who is logged into the session.
Presto 8.6 New Features
- Conversion of spool files (in addition to existing PDF capabilities) to better handle non-English languages
- New sentRequest JS event
Presto 8.5 New Features
Flyout Menu for Input Fields
You can now transform a regular input field into a flyout menu within Presto’s Visual Editor. The flyout menu maximizes screen real estate by appearing when a user hovers over an input field. You can populate these fields with static or dynamic data (using SQL).
Global Transformation Options
Presto includes new options for applying global transformation to elements.
- Find First On Screen: This option will apply the transformation only once per screen. Stop searching when a match is found.
- Find All On Screen: This option with sequentially search every element in the screen and apply the transformation to each matching element once.
Additional Presto 8.5 New Features and Enhancements
- JMeter Support: Presto includes a JMeter test script that enables you to test performance within Presto’s IDE. See this Knowledge Base article for instructions on how to start load testing with JMeter.
- New SQL Queries Interface: Presto includes a new SQL Query tab interface that makes it easier to work with your SQL queries.
- Create Page Up and Page Down Without Subfile: Presto now has the option to automatically create page up and page down buttons when there is no subfile present or subfile detection is disabled. This might occur on a help screen, for example.
- REST API Support: As of Presto 8.5, some of the communication between Presto’s client and server components will occur via a REST API.
Presto 8.4 New Features
License Key Seat Count Enforcement
Presto now enforces the seat count that is included with your license key. After the seat limit is exceeded, Presto will not allow additional users to log in.
Global transformations increase developer productivity by applying system-wide transformations based on a given screen’s text. Presto can find text that reoccurs throughout your application and globally replace it with substitution text.
Presto now integrates with Midrange Dynamics Change Management (MDCMS) so you can now register change management export files from within Presto.
Additional Presto 8.4 New Features and Enhancements
- You can now configure Presto to to bypass the "Display Program Messages" screen when a user signs on to multiple sessions.
- When editing a table, you can now enter values for the start row, start column, and table height in the element properties panel.
- When editing a window, you can now enter values for the start row, start column, width, and height in the element properties panel.
- you can now download all Insight files at once to your PC.
- Presto's transformation list now includes a filter box that makes it easier to find a transformation applied to your page.
Presto 8.3 New Features
Presto 8.3 includes a new Admin Interface that provides an overview of how many users are currently active within Presto. This report enables administrators to quickly see the number of available Presto seats, how many are utilized and the total number of open connections. Administrators can also see who is logged in, connection IP and more.
Additional Presto 8.3 New Features and Enhancements
- Presto uses unique customization names / descriptions for each screen and won't allow other customizations of the same type (JS, HTML, Transformation) to have exactly the same name.
Presto 8.2 New Features
Add / Detach Page Customizations
Seat Count Utility
Presto 8.2 ships with a utility called SEATCOUNT, which allows administrators to get an idea of how many active Presto seats are currently in use. Please note that in the future we plan to include this information in a Presto Administrator interface.
Additional Presto 8.2 New Features and Enhancements
- Presto now displays a confirmation prompt when a user tries to delete an entry in the Spool File viewer.
Presto 8.1 New Features
Using the Insights tool, Presto enables site administrators to visualize the user behavior in their IBM i applications. Insights provides an overview of the screens that users are accessing most often, allowing you to spend time customizing what is used most. This gives you the information you need to plan which parts of the application to modernize first, saving time and delivering better business value.
Additional Presto 8.1 New Features and Enhancements
- The spool file viewer now includes the time created in the date column.
- Presto includes a new option to allow for a more modern, flat style of SmartCharts.
- The STRPCCMD program has support when HTTPS is enabled.
- Ability to control accessibility by developers to Presto objects.
Presto 8.0 New Features
New License Keys
Presto 8.0 requires a new permanent license key for existing customers. Our team has worked to ensure that this is a simple, self-serve process and you can retrieve your new permanent key through the myFrescheSolutions portal. For more information on this change, please read this knowledge base article.
Visual Skin Editor Enhancements
You can now easily edit window background and header colors within Presto’s Visual Skin Editor. Additionally, when you update and save preset skin colours, those changes will write to a new custom CSS file.
New Subfile Settings
Presto now has global and page-level options to hide or display subfile action text.
Spool File Viewer Enhancements
Users can now delete files directly from the spool file viewer within Presto screens.
Additional Presto 8.0 New Features and Enhancements
- You can now define the range in which function keys are automatically detected.
Presto 7.3 New Features
Change Detection Support
Presto now flags screens where the DDS has changed since the last time you enhanced it in Presto. This makes it easier to maintain green screens and their modernized versions.
Redesigned Settings Interface
Presto’s settings interface has been revamped to give developers a more intuitive experience and an improved visual representation of screen detection. You can now preview panel detection on various screens and adjust Presto’s auto detection settings as desired.
Skin Editor Enhancements
Fresche has also enhanced Presto’s skin editor, which globally controls the look of your Presto screens. You can now easily choose from new preset colors and globally update button colours, function key colours, header colors and more.
Copy and Paste Transformations
You can now copy and paste selected transformations between Presto screens within Presto’s IDE. This new feature will save developers significant time when applying similar enhancements to multiple screens because they no longer have to visually place elements on each screen.
Additional Presto 7.3 New Features and Enhancements
- New SQL preview feature enables you to test SQL queries, including parameters.
- Additional global rules, including the ability to choose menu link format (e.g. link or button).
- Users will now automatically see a warning if their Caps lock is on when they are on the login screen.
Presto 7.1 New Features
Improved Usability Out of the Box
Presto 7.1 makes your modernized green screens easier to navigate than ever with updates that enhance user experience, reduce workflows and improve the rendering of your applications. Each of these improvements and more were designed to immediately make your Presto green screens look and feel more like the modern web applications they are.
Out of the box features include:
- New icons that allow users to log off, access spool file data and be notified of new messages from any screen.
- Primary function keys such as Exit and Submit styles as buttons that are more visible on every page.
- Scrolling subfiles is also made simpler with convenient page up and down buttons.
- For subfiles that only have one action option, users can now trigger the action by clicking anywhere on the subfile row.
- Presto automatically detects date fields and adds a pop up calendar to them making it easier for users to enter dates.
After enabling responsive mobile design with Bootstrap in Presto 7.0, we’ve now made it easier in the Presto Designer to see how these pages look on iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets. This feature increases developer productivity because they can now instantly test how elements on their webpages appear on different sized screens.
Improved RPG Open Access Functionality
We’ve made an enhancement to the Presto RPG Open Access handler. DDS field attributes, such as colors, will automatically be converted into CSS classes and rendered in modernized green screens.
Additional Presto 7.1 New Features and Enhancements
- Allow Presto to run in a custom subsystem
- Option to run a macro file after login
- Improvements to table and window editors in Presto Designer
Presto 7 New Features
It’s now easier for IBM i programmers to transform their green screens into web GUIs that are optimized for both desktop and mobile with Presto’s new responsive design capabilities. Presto version 7 incorporates Bootstrap, an open source framework that enables the design of truly responsive web applications, through its visual editor. Web screens designed with Presto’s responsive grid will automatically adapt to the device they are accessed from. For instance, when users access Presto web pages from their smartphones, elements such as input fields can be stacked while other elements such as images can be hidden. This allows developers to more easily create modernized green screen applications tailored to any device by using the same underlying design effort.
New Responsive Skin
The new Pacific skin provides a more modern look and feel to your modernized applications. It also fully supports Presto’s responsive design features for easier development for mobile devices. It is completely customizable and includes improved subfile styling, larger input boxes and buttons based on Bootstrap, a sleek font, and a cleaner layout. It can also be customized using Presto’s Skin Editor. You can now double-click a tab to edit the text inline within the Visual Editor.
A new API is also included that provides an option for advanced web developers to choose their framework of choice, such as AngularJS, to design screens. The Presto API gives them access to all the data from their green screen as JSON objects, and it also makes it possible to combine two green screens into a single web page.