WebSmart 11.3 New Features
Japanese PHP Edition
To meet the growing demand for PHP on IBM i we have created a Japanese edition of WebSmart PHP in a joint effort with our partner Solpac. In addition to Unicode and DBCS support this edition has a Japanese version of the IDE and the templates. All the menus and prompts in the IDE have been translated as has the User Guide. The Japanese version of the templates have all the action buttons and text constants translated as well.
- Option to choose whether to include a qualified library name in SQL statements in generated programs (PHP edition only)
- New character set encoding option in PHP templates to select between UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.
WebSmart 11.2 New Features
WebSmart for Node.js
Watch the video below for an introduction to WebSmart for Node.js. You can also get more information and request a trial at bcdsoftware.com/nodejs.
Improved Internationalization with Unicode edition
The PHP and Node.js editions of WebSmart are now also available in a Unicode edition. This provides enhanced support for internationalization. WebSmart already had support for DBCS databases, the Unicode edition provides the ability to enter almost any DBCS character into the IDE. This makes it easier to support text constants in any language.
Additional 11.2 New Feature
- Minimum IBM i OS release for WebSmart for Node.js is V7R1. Minimum IBM i OS for ILE, PHP, and Clover is V6R1.
WebSmart 11 New Features
Watch the above video to preview the new templates.
WebSmart 10.10 New Features
- WebSmart ILE now supports qualified data structures. You can use these to prevent field naming collisions between your structures.
- You can now set *OBJLIB as the default library list for an IBM i connection.
WebSmart 10.9 New Features
WebSmart PHP now includes integration with Zend's Z-Ray to help you write better, faster PHP programs. Z-Ray is included with Zend Server Professional and Enterprise and provides deep insight into application behavior, performance, and quality by giving developers real-time insight into how their application is running and consuming resources - from PHP variables to DB2 for i queries to RPG program calls.
Additional 10.9 New Features
- IDE debugger supports Clover programs
WebSmart 10.8 New Features
Inline RPG Editing
You can now add inline free-format RPG code to WebSmart ILE definitions. This feature gives programmers even more opportunities to leverage their existing skillset. For example, you can now reuse a piece of free-format RPG code you've already written by inserting it directly into the WebSmart code.
New PML Operators
WebSmart ILE's new PML operators (-=, /=, *= and **) provide expanded math capabilities to manipulate expressions more efficiently.
JSON is a common data format that's often used with Web Services or API calls. WebSmart ILE includes a new suite of functions that enables you to create and manipulate JSON objects and convert them to and from strings. PHP already includes similar functionality, which can be used in WebSmart PHP.
HTML5 Charts and jQuery
WebSmart's templates have also been updated to the latest version of jQuery and jQuery UI. This version includes a new widget, selectmenu, and improved stability.
The WebSmart IDE includes several new shortcuts:
- Right-click a segment to create a new one
- CTRL+W to close the current tab
- Right-click in the Fields window to Find/Find All
- Ctrl+Alt+T to create a new text file (previously Ctrl+T)
- Ctrl+Alt+C to create a new CSS file
Additional 10.8 New Features
- New PML functions for string padding, strpadr() and strpadl()
- New PML function, getstrmfinf(), to retrieve IFS file attributes
- We have increased the size of query in sqlexec above 4096
- We replaced MySQL PHP templates with PHP Data Objects templates
WebSmart 10.7 New Features
- You can now increase and decrease the IDE's code font size using CTRL+ and CTRL-.
- The IDE now auto-formats PHP nested arrays.
- Added a new date-dimension file, MU_DATEF in XL_WEBDEMO, that's useful for creating date-based reports.
WebSmart 10.6 New Features
PHP Data Objects (PDO) Templates
WebSmart's new PHP Data Objects (PDO) templates make it easier to access MySQL and IBM i DB2 or to switch between them because they use the same set of templates for both connection types. These templates are more complex than the basic OO DB2 and MySQL templates but they use more advanced and safer techniques for running SQL statements. You can also use the same PDO functions to issue queries and fetch data from MySQL and DB2.
Additional 10.6 New Features
- You can now view previously installed template versions in the new program window
- WebSmart supports UTF-8 for posturl
- You can copy/paste all repository extensions from one field to another
WebSmart 10.5 New Features
PHP Zend Framework 2 Templates
Use the Zend Framework 2 (ZF2) templates to write PHP applications over DB2 on IBM i that are based on a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. ZF2 is a PHP framework for deploying modular, extensible, secure and high performance PHP applications.
ZF2 and MVC are advanced coding techniques that are a good fit for experienced PHP programmers and for larger projects. These templates create separate files for each part of MVC, all contained within a single composite document in WebSmart.
HTML Validation Engine Validates HTML5
You can now validate HTML5 in your HTML segments, which will help you identify and fix syntax problems more efficiently.
New Composite Document
WebSmart now includes an empty composite document that allows you to better organize projects by opening and closing associated files and programs together.
Additional 10.5 New Features
- You can now declare a UCS-2 field for improved multilingual support.
- Custom jQuery UI themes are more compatible out of the box.
- The PHP debugger now supports PHP 5.4 and 5.5.
WebSmart 10.2 New Features
- WebSmart IDE now highlights matching parenthesis and braces.
- Added file-level repository extensions.
- New ILE rplstr option to control whether find and replace parameters should be trimmed.
- New ILE functions base64encode and base64decode let you work with base64 encoded data.
- Added secure and httponly parameters to ILE gensmurfid.
- The WebSmart PHP debugger settings have been added to the Options menu so it's easier to configure for single or multi-users.
WebSmart 10.1 New Features
New PHP and ILE Mobile Reflow Table DB2 Template
This new template helps you rapidly develop mobile web applications that display data in sortable columns. The template maximizes screen real estate by using pop-up windows for both the filter and sort options.
The resulting mobile web applications are responsive. For example, the application will display a side-by-side columnar layout on tablets, or it will accommodate smaller devices like smartphones by stacking the columns. The template uses the jQuery Mobile widget of the same name.
Additional 10.1 New Features
- Right-click on function names to shortcut to a user function definition.
- New ILE function, fetchseg, lets you retrieve segment data into a variable.
- PHP functions tabs updated immediately when include/require statements are changed.