View Upcoming and On-Demand WebSmart Webinars
The following webinars are designed to provide in-depth information that helps you become more familiar with WebSmart PHP.
Learn about BCD's WebSmart for rapid RPG ILE or open-source PHP / Node.js desktop and mobile development. See how you can build strategic web applications or extend your ERP with B2B order entry, eCommerce, invoicing, inquiries and more.
- How to reduce the web development learning curve with WebSmart’s templates
- Ways to leverage your existing RPG code and skills
- How to build responsive mobile and desktop applications that use a single code base
- WebSmart’s support for open source technologies (PHP and Node.js)
- Real-world examples of WebSmart customer applications
View this webinar to learn why BCD's WebSmart PHP is the fastest way for RPG programmers to develop strategic mobile and desktop applications on IBM i. You'll see a live demo of how to create a fully-functioning PHP application in minutes, as well as:
- WebSmart templates for all levels of PHP (procedural, OO and MVC)
- Wizards to call RPG programs and other productivity features
- Real-world examples of PHP applications on IBM i
- How to quickly develop responsive mobile and desktop applications using a single code base
Your IBM i holds valuable data and runs mission-critical applications. But are you getting the most value from it? Join IBM’s Tim Rowe and Fresche’s Marcel Sarrasin for this webinar to learn how you can give your IBM i a more strategic role by generating revenue with web and mobile applications. They’ll discuss:
- The strategic role of your IBM i, today and in the future
- IBM’s commitment to IBM i and modern technologies
- Innovative ways organizations are generating revenue with their IBM i, from customer facing order entry to expanding to new markets
We’ll also introduce you to the Fresche and BCD solutions and services that make it faster and easier to create these applications.
This live webinar highlights real-world examples of PHP applications that have contributed strategically to IBM i organizations by generating revenue, improving business processes and increasing productivity. You'll see:
- B2B/B2C eCommerce applications
- Inventory, invoicing, order tracking
- Responsive (mobile-friendly) applications
Join us for this webinar to learn what Node.js is and why you should consider using it on IBM i. You’ll also see a live technical demonstration of how new WebSmart for Node.js speeds up open-source Node.js desktop and mobile web application development. We'll see:
- The types of applications you can create with Node.js
- How to develop desktop and mobile applications that use a single code base
- Ways to leverage RPG resources with Node.js
Getting Started with PHP on IBM i: Top 5 Things You Need to Know
Considering PHP for developing web applications on IBM i? A clear roadmap is essential to creating the quickest path to success.
Zend's Mike Pavlak and BCD and Quadrant's Marcel Sarrasin discuss the top five things you need to know before you get started with PHP on IBM i.
- Mapping out your PHP strategy
- Understanding the technical requirements
- Finding the right educational resources
- Embracing the open source community
- Choosing a PHP stack
See the fastest way to develop PHP mobile and desktop applications
View this webinar to learn why BCD's WebSmart PHP is the fastest way for RPG programmers to develop desktop and mobile applications on IBM i.
You'll see a live demo of how to create a fully-functioning PHP application in minutes, as well as real-world examples of PHP applications on IBM i and how to quickly develop first-rate mobile applications.
Why PHP needs to be part of your IBM i modernization strategy
In this recorded webinar, Zend's Mike Pavlak discusses why PHP is a great application modernization choice for IBM i shops and how to get started with PHP on IBM i.
In the second half of the presentation, Marcel Sarrasin, BCD and Quadrant's VP of Corporate Marketing, will show you how you can create a working desktop or mobile web application in under an hour with WebSmart PHP.
Optimize and debug PHP faster with Zend Server 8 and Z-Ray
Watch this webinar with Marcel Sarrasin, Quadrant and BCD's VP of Corporate Marketing, and Mike Pavlak, Zend Technologies' IBM i Evangelist, for an in-depth look at Zend Server's Professional Edition, which features Z-Ray, a break-through technology for writing better code faster. They'll show you how to take advantage of key features that are critical for supporting the web and mobile interfaces that your users demand.